Tuesday 10 July 2007

Perspiration

It seems I'm making heavy going of this.

After stitching a hinge I've noticed that the gap between the panels is about 1/8" at best. I've posted a question in the Flapdoodle forum to see if this degree of "tolerence" is acceptable.

It turns out that I lack the small amount of coordination required for stitching either quickly or efficiently. Consequently there has been a little blood shed (we're only talking minor needle-sticks here) and, if the group decides I need to cut away and start again, there could yet be tears.

I'll survive, but I might have to put off any plans to become a concert pianist for a week or two.

2 comments:

yatje said...

so, was it 'cut away and start again'? were there tears? or have you decided that concert pianist is actually a better option? we demand news (and photos). please.

Olivewah said...

The panels were cut away and, yes, in spirit at least, a tear was shed.

On reflection my special gift to the world of music might well be to keep out of it; my piano playing is worse than my French.

I'm left wondering what my special gift to the French should be. A piano recital perhaps?

Posting continues...