Sunday 22 July 2007

Busy doing nothing

My sister and nephew visited this weekend so I found that we were running around a bit and as a consequence I didn't get as much done as I'd hoped.

I find that planning on getting certain things done is a sure path to feelings of frustration and irritation. Trying to plan anything when there's a young family around is a nightmare.

The simple fact is that as tricky as this project may be, by far the biggest challenge is balancing the demands of my wife, kids, family, friends and work with my desire to actually get outside and do something. I'm running around like a blue-arsed fly (as my old grandmother used to say - bless her).

On the other side of the coin, my wife, kids, family and friends are what make life worth living, while work finances the whole enterprise. So I'm not complaining. Although anyone detecting a slight whinge might be on to something...

Anyway, one of the top sides is now stitched on and the other is now held in place.

No comments: